University of Utah School of Medicine (UUSOM) is one of the top 50 medical schools in the country and the best medical school in Utah. The recent Acceptance Rate of the University of Utah Medical School is 4.7%, the average MCAT score is 512, and the average GPA is 3.75. The in-state tuition and fees for the MD program at UUSOM are $21,190.84 per semester, the out-of-state tuition and fees are $40,118.39 per semester.
School of Medicine at University of Utah with the most modern teaching facilities in the country. Which making students exposed to some of the nation’s leading clinicians and researchers. And the University of Utah PA Program is one of the best Physician Assistant Programs in the United States.
University of Utah School of Medicine
The University of Utah Medical School serves the people of Utah and beyond by continually improving the health and quality of life of individuals and communities. It is the only MD-granting institution in Utah and the only academic medical center in the Intermountain West.
- Medical School Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Address: 30 N. 1900 E Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
- Phone: 801-581-7201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Utah School of Medicine ranking
School of Medicine at University of Utah ranking in the best medical schools in the country. Currently, the University of Utah School of Medicine ranking #41 in the best medical school (Research) in the U.S.
Ranking (Primary Care)
University of Utah Medical School Acceptance Rate and Admissions Requirements
The School of Medicine at University of Utah is one of the best medical schools in Utah. No doubt, admission to medical school is highly competitive. Below is the recent acceptance rate, average MCAT, and average GPA of the MD program at University of Utah Medical School.
UUSOM Acceptance rate and Admissions statistics
School of Medicine at University of Utah participates in the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). The 2021-2022 application cycle for the Doctor of Medicine Program at UUSOM starts in May and closes on November 1.
University of Utah School of Medicine acceptance rate
According to the University of Utah Medical School class profile, the recent acceptance rate of the MD Program at UUSOM is 4.7%. Obviously, this medical school acceptance rate is lower than acceptance rates of the same level medical schools.
To compare it with the acceptance rates of the below medical schools:
- Ohio State University School of Medicine (acceptance rate: 5.7%)
- Brown University (Alpert) Medical School (acceptance rate: 2.8%)
- University of Minnesota Medical School (acceptance rate: 6.7%)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (acceptance rate: 7.0%)
University of Utah Medical School MCAT score
To apply for the MD program at UUSOM, applicants must have an MCAT score of 500 or higher. Applicants must get the MCAT scores within four years of matriculation to medical school, and no later than September of the year of application to be considered for admission.
Learn from the admission statistics of UUSOM, the recent average MCAT score is 512.
You can compare it with the average MCAT scores of the below medical schools:
- Ohio State University School of Medicine (average MCAT score: 514)
- Brown University (Alpert) Medical School (average MCAT score: 515)
- University of Minnesota Medical School (average MCAT score: 512)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (average MCAT score: 518)
- University of Florida School of Medicine (average MCAT score: 515)
University of Utah Medical School GPA
It requires a science GPA, a non-science GPA, an overall GPA of 3.00 or above to apply for the MD program at University of Utah Medical School.
The recent average GPA of the MD students is 3.75.
University of Utah tuition and scholarships
For the MD Program at UUSOM, the tuition and fees are about $21,190.84 per semester for the resident and $40,118.39 per semester for the non-resident.
School of Medicine at University of Utah helps medical students to fulfill their studies through various scholarships and loans. The main types of available financial aids include:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loan
- Graduate PLUS Loan
- Primary Care Loans
- School of Medicine Private Subsidized Loans
For medical students with outstanding grades, there’re many chances to apply for Medical School Scholarships (link). The main types of scholarships available through the School of Medicine at University of Utah include:
- Elliott V. Anderson Scholarship
- Dr. Roscoe B. Anderson and Dr. Joan Critchlow Endowed Scholarship
- The Heather Joan Belsey Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Thomas H. Caine Student Scholarship Fund
- Ross R. Anderson, MD Scholarship
- D. Keith Barnes, MD and Ida May “Dotty” Barnes, RN Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Edgar W. Barber and Ruth Alma Barber Scholarship
- Justin D. Call, MD Scholarship
- A. Kyle and Lael S. Bettilyon Scholarship
- Conrad S. Carlson and Mabel W. Carlson Scholarship
- Ronald L. and Dona P. Call Scholarship
- Lorin J. and Willena G. Ellison Scholarship
- Dr. Allen W. & Norma Cowley Scholarship
- Russell B. Clark, MD Endowed Scholarship
- Gladys C. Ellison Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Middleton Dahl, MD and Douglas Seely Dahl, MD Scholarship
- Joseph Turner Crockett, M.D. Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dr. John Aldous and Karma J. Dixon Scholarship
- Robert J. and Geraldine W. Dellenback Legacy Scholarship
- Richard Frenkel Scholarship
- Wesley G. Harline, MD Scholarship
- Alan and Beverly Frank Scholarship
- Renee Wright Hagander Memorial Scholarship
- Rowland Kurt Hubert Memorial Scholarship
- Leland O. Learned, MD and Avanel Learned Scholarship
- Edward C. Klatt, MD Scholarship
- Junior Edward Rich, MD Scholarship
- Drew B. Meilstrup, MD Scholarship
Admissions Requirements for UUSOM
To apply for the MD Program at UUSOM, applicants must meet a variety of academic and activity requirements.
|MCAT score (500 or higher)||Required|
|Three Letters of Recommendation||Required|
|Essays and statements||Required|
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Social Science
Programs and Degrees
University of Utah School of Medicine offers various degree programs to fit the different career choices of students. The main medical-related programs and degrees include:
- MD Programs
- MD-PhD Program
- Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Medical Laboratory Science Program
- Health Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Public Health Studies
University of Utah
The University of Utah (UU) is one of the most prestigious and oldest public universities in the West, and a world-renowned public research university. The university is located in Salt Lake City at the foot of the Wasatch Ridge Mountains.
University of Utah is the best in the nation for technology commercialization. And the University of Utah’s tuition, both in and out-of-state, is the lowest.
Founded in 1850, UU has 1,449 full-time and 662 part-time faculty and staff, a student-faculty ratio of 1:17, and 23,794 undergraduate students and 8,948 master and doctoral students. The University of Utah is the flagship institution of higher education in the state of Utah with an overall student satisfaction rating of 89%.
The University of Utah offers several colleges, including the College of Humanities, the College of Education, the College of Social Behavior, the College of Business, the College of Architecture, the College of Fine Arts, the College of Health, the College of Engineering, the College of Mining and Earth Sciences, the College of Pharmacy, the College of Science, the College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, and many others, with the College of Medicine, the College of Pharmacy, and the College of Computer Science among the top in the nation.
Popular majors include business, communication, fine arts, computer science, engineering, mining, and natural sciences such as chemistry.
In addition, chemistry, biology, computing, architecture, civil engineering, and materials engineering are all traditional strengths of the University of Utah.