Stony Brook PA Program ranking #15 in the best PA programs in the U.S, and is the best PA program in New York. First-time PANCE pass rate is 98%. The required minimum overall GPA is 3.0. The tuition and fees of Stony Brook University PA Program for New York state resident students are $59,089.76.
Stony Brook University was one of the first public universities in the country to offer PA education. The first class of Stony Brook University PA students started in 1971.
Stony Brook University PA Program
First-time PANCE pass rate98%
Five-year first-time PANCE pass rate97%
PA Program Graduation Rate98.5%
To search for “physician assistants near me”.
- Class Start Month: June
- PA Program Location: Stony Brook, NY
- Address: 101 Nicolls Road, Health Sciences Center, Level 2, Room 496, Stony Brook, NY 11794
- Phone: (631) 444-2252
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA Program Website: link
- College or School: Stony Brook University School of Health Technology
How many months is Stony Brook PA program?
The Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program is a 24-month graduate program. Graduate of the PA program will earn a Master of Science (MS) degree.
The class size of the Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program is 70, 45 at the Health Sciences Center campus and 25 at the Southampton campus.
Stony Brook PA Program ranking
Stony Brook University is one of the top 20 PA schools in the country. Currently, Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program is ranked #15 in the best PA programs in the United States. Stony Brook University also is the best PA school in New York.
The best PA programs in New York State include:
- Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program
- Cornell University PA Program
- CUNY School of Medicine PA Program
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center PA Program
- Albany Medical College PA Program
- Le Moyne College PA Program
- Pace University PA Program
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center PA Program
- CUNY–York College PA Program
- Daemen College PA Program
Graduation rate of Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program
The graduation rate of the Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program class of 2020 is 98.5%.
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Maximum entering class size (approved by ARC-PA)||45||45||65|
|Entering class size||44||44||65|
PANCE pass rate
Stony Brook Physician Assistant Program PANCE performance:
- First-time PANCE pass rate: 98%
- Five-year first-time PANCE pass rate: 97%.
Stony Brook Physician Assistant Program is accredited by ARC-PA. The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program.
Stony Brook PA Program Requirements, Prerequisites, Tuition
Stony Brook University PA program tuition and admissions requirements
Stony Brook PA program Tuition and Scholarships
The total tuition and fees of attendance for Stony Brook University PA Program for New York state resident students are $59,089.76 and for the non-New York state resident students are $97,491.01.
Scholarships for PA students
Stony Brook University encourages students to apply for one or more scholarships.
- HRSA National Health Service Corps Scholarships
- Guy A. Cassara Memorial Scholarship
- PA Foundation Student Scholarships
- Health Professional Scholarship Program – Veterans Affairs Scholarship
- New York State Society of PAs Student Scholarships
- Marian I. Eskow Student Scholarship
- Naval Association of PAs – Navy Health Professions Scholarship
- Veterans Caucus Student Scholarships
- American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants Scholarship
- Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology Student Scholarships
- F.A. Davis Student Scholarship
- New York State Society of PAs Student Scholarships
- The Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery – Susan Lindahl Memorial Scholarships
GPA for Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program
What is the GPA required for applying to the Stony Brook Physician Assistant Program?
All applicants must have a cumulative CASPA Overall GPA of 3.0 or above and a Science GPA of 3.0 or above for admission to the Stony Brook Physician Assistant Program.
Stony Brook University PA Program Prerequisites and Requirements
CASPA Application Deadline
To apply for the Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program, all applicants need to submit applications through the CASPA.
The 2021-2022 application cycle for Stony Brook University Physician Assistant Program with a deadline, October 1, 2021.
|GRE, PA-CAT, or MCAT scores||Not Required|
|GPA (Overall GPA, science GPA)||Required|
|A minimum of 500 hours of patient care experience||Required|
|PA shadowing (100 hours for the 2021 admissions cycle)||Required|
|TOEFL or iBT within two years prior to admission(for applicants whose native or first language is not English)||Required|
|criminal background check||Required|
Does Stony Brook require GRE for PA school?
No. It does not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), PA-CAT, or MCAT scores.
Admissions to many PA schools, the GRE is not required. Here are the new PA schools that don’t require GRE, check out it.
Applicants must have achieved a grade of C or better in the following courses with the minimum number of credits.
|Prerequisite Coursework||Minimum Credit Hours|
|Statistics or Biostatistics||3|