Western University PA Program ranking #74 in the best Physician Assistant Programs in the country. The average Overall GPA is 3.66, the average Science GPA is 3.67. The acceptance rate of the Western University of Health Sciences PA Program is 4.6%. And the tuition and fees for the first-year students are $44,105.
Western University of Health Sciences PA Program is one of the best PA Schools in California. Does Western University Physician Assistant Program require GRE? How to apply for the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program?
Western University of Health Sciences PA Program
WesternU’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPA) is dedicated to educating Physician Assistants to deliver high-quality competent and compassionate health care as team members within the health care delivery system.
First-time PANCE pass rate90%
Five-year first-time PANCE pass rate93.4%
PA Program Graduation Rate96%
- Class Start Month: August
- PA Program Location: Pomona, CA
- Address: 450 E. Second St. Pomona, CA 91766
- Phone: 909.469.5378
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA Program Website: link
- College or School: Western University College of Health Sciences
Does Western University have a PA program?
Western University has a PA program with a class length of 24 months (six semesters). The graduates of the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program are in high demand and enjoy careers that are rewarding both personally and professionally.
Western University PA Program ranking
Western University Physician Assistant Program ranked #74 in the best PA programs in the country and ranked #6 in the best PA programs in California.
The best PA schools in California include:
The graduation rate of the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program class of 2020 is 96%.
Below are the recent three years graduation rates of the WesternU’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program:
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Maximum entering class size (approved by ARC-PA)||98||98||98|
|Entering class size||98||98||98|
PANCE pass rate
The first-time and five-year first-time PANCE pass rate of Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program:
- First-time PANCE pass rate: 90%
- Five-year first-time PANCE pass rate: 93.4%.
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program.
Western University PA Program Tuition and Admissions Requirements
Western University of Health Sciences PA program tuition and admissions requirements
Western University PA Program tuition and scholarships
How much is the tuition and fees for Western University Physician Assistant Program?
The tuition and fees for the first-year students are $44,105, it is no different for the resident and non-resident. The total budget is about $75,486 per academic year.
Cost Of Attendance
|Tuition & Fees||$44,105.00|
|Budget Items/Estimated Costs||$28,922.00|
If it needs, Physician Assistant students can apply for some financial aid. Meantime, Western University of Health Sciences offers many scholarships for PA students, helping them reduce their potential loan debt to fulfill their studies.
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
- Soroptimist International of L.A. Live Your Dream Scholarship
- Paul Ambrose Scholars Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Future of Assisted Living Scholarship
- AAUW Career Development Grants for Women
- CAPA: Community Outreach Scholarship
- SILA Fellowship for Women in Graduate Study
- CAPA: Ray Dale Memorial Scholarship
- CAPA: Ruth Webb Minority Scholarship
- Career Step Scholarships
- United Nurses Associations of California / Union of Health Care Professionals
- Global English Editing Scholarship Program
- Go Red Multicultural Scholarship Fund
- iVein Health & Wellness Scholarship
- SeniorAdvice Scholarships
- Discover Student Loans Scholarship
- Veteran Benefits Scholarship
What GPA do you need to get into Western University of Health Sciences?
What is the required Minimum Overall, Science and Prerequisite GPAs for applying for the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program?
It required Minimum Overall GPA, Science GPA, and Prerequisite GPA are 3.0
According to the Western University of Health Sciences class profile, the average overall GPA of the accepted students is 3.66, the average Science GPA is 3.67, and the average Prerequisite GPA is 3.75.
|GPAs||Minimum Scores||Average GPA|
Western University of Health Sciences acceptance rate
According to the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program class profile, there were 2114 applicants who applied for the Physician Assistant Program. And 485 were invited to take part in the interviews. Finally, only 98 applicants were accepted into the new class.
Calculated from the statistic data, the acceptance rate of the Western University of Health Sciences PA Program is 4.6%. This is a very low Physician Assistant Program acceptance rate.
You can compare it with the acceptance rates of the below Physician Assistant programs:
PA Program Prerequisites and Requirements
CASPA Application and Deadline
To apply for the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program, applicants must submit application materials through the CASPA.
Note that the Western University of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program has an application deadline, November 1.
|Bachelor’s degree (from a regionally accredited US Institution)||Required|
|Letters of recommendation||Required|
|GRE or MCAT scores||Not Required|
|A minimum of 120 hours of community service experiences||Required|
|Proof of Legal U.S. Residency||Required|
|Criminal background check||Required|
|Health Screenings and Immunizations||Required|
Does Western University PA Program require GRE?
GRE and MCAT scores are not required. If you are interested in Physician Assistant schools that don’t require GRE, the below resource is right for you.
Western University is one of the largest graduates schools for the health professions in California. Western University alumni rank among the top in healthcare and medicine in the country and the world.
The main colleges at Western University:
- College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (CA Campus)
- College of Dental Medicine (CA Campus)
- Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences(CA Campus)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (CA Campus)
- College of Pharmacy (CA Campus)
- College of Podiatric Medicine (CA Campus)
- College of Graduate Nursing (CA Campus)
- College of Optometry (CA Campus)
- College of Health Sciences (CA Campus)
- College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific-Northwest (OR Campus)
- College of Health Sciences (OR Campus)
The main Doctoral Degree Programs:
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – California (DO)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – International (DMD-IDP)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – California (DPT)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – Post-Professional (DPT)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Doctor of Pharmacy-International (PharmD)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)